Thursday, December 22, 2005

Chrysla is sick

Sigh..... Chrysla has been sick since Monday (19 Dec 05).  She has throat infection and it causes her to have a fever.  Her fever subsided on Monday night and we all thought it was okay for her to go back to school on Tuesday.  She was running a high fever by the time I fetched her from school.  Her throat was so bad that she did not even talk.  She kept very quiet which was very unlike her.  So on Wednesday morning, we had no choice but to bring her to a doctor.  We went to Kids First clinic which was recommended by Jay, Gavin's professor.  Alas! They do not take walk-ins.  This is so troublesome and frustrating! In Singapore, we could just pop into the clinics. In addition, the pediatrician was out for emergency call.  Luckily, the staff was nice enough to tell us another clinic nearby, Urgent Care.  Since Chrysla has no medical insurance coverage, it costs $105 for doctor consultation.  And guess what? The clinic only charged us $80 in the end.  I have no idea why.  Maybe Chrysla looked pitiful at that time.  : - )  Plus $36 for the antibiotics. All in all, we spent $116.  Wow!  This is really very expensive.  in Singapore, the bill will be no more than S$30 with medicines.



She is still sick now... so I guess we will just have to spend our Christmas at home. I really wish she will be well by this weekend.

No comments: